Sunday, February 25, 2024

Writing Time

Going in to write my script I am a little nervous. It means that I am finally putting my idea to paper (not really in this case since I'm writing it online, but you get the idea) and it just makes everything feel super real. But, I feel pretty prepared for it thanks to the research I did in StudioBinder in my last post. This time,  I'm still using StudioBinder since they have their own screenplay software that formats it and helps you out if you've never done it before, which is the case for me. 


This is a screenshot is the software in question. The highlighted icons at the top are different aspects of a screenplay such as sluglines, characters, parentheticals, dialogue, etc. This helps me write my script in the correct and proper format. 



My first obstacle was figuring out what the owner would look like. It may seem like a minor detail, but overall I think it's pretty important. The robbers are breaking and entering these homes so they can pawn them off later. They are looking for quick money. So their targets should be of upper middle class as they will have more valuables in their home. So the owner should be relatively wealthy and well-off. So I settled that the owner should be a female woman dressed in yoga attire. as it is typically a hobby of the upper-middle class and wealthy. 

Another thing I had to do was keep my goal of causing anxiety in mind. To accomplish this I have the robbers argue about what they are going to do about the body. While they argue, I am going to have them cut each other off and talk over one another to create a tense atmosphere. I integrate this into my script by having some of their sentences end abru-. I also included a phone ringing multiple times throughout. It would act as an intensifier for the tension and lead to even more anxiety and also transition the conversation into different topics. 

Writing my script didn't end up being too bad, especially since I already had an outline and a format for a script ready. All I needed to do was fill in the gaps in the dialogue. Here is a pdf of the first draft. Next, I will shortly figure out the character's designs and then begin storyboarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...