Sunday, March 3, 2024

Drawing Time

I think storyboarding is probably one of my favorite parts of pre-production. As much as I love coming up with an idea and really developing it, I love drawing it out even more. It helps visualize my ideas and shots which is helpful because I think I am a pretty visual learner.

Typically when I make a storyboard it is the first time I am writing out my ideas and the rough dialogue if there is any. However, in this case, it is a lot easier since I already have my first draft of the script. 
 
...Nevermind. Drawing this...is not easy. I didn't really process that the storyboard and the type of shots and order of them would be like...really important. And I'm a little stumped. After the first shot inside with the tight close-up of Malcolm, I'm not too sure what to do next. I guess I should show the body but I never really want to show too much of it because I think with my limitations, I can't really make a body look good dead. I kinda want to show Sam as well, having a more angry and concerned face than the shock on Malcom's. I think that may work. This is kind of a editing Mateo problem so I'll leave that for him to decide. I just have to ensure I get the shots I need to have the ability to do that later. 

 As I continued, it started getting a lot easier since it mainly consisted of only close-ups, so the shots weren't changing THAT much, it's more the composition and the emotions of the actors ramping up that will be changing throughout the scene. 

The rest of the storyboard went pretty smoothly. As I thought, having a rough draft of the script written out helped quite a bit. The scene pretty much consisted of all close-ups and tight close-ups with the exceptions of the long shots including the body, the phone ringing, and Malcolm and Sam carrying the body. This is pretty intentional as the close shots will intensify the drama and emotion in the scene. Below are pictures of my storyboard.






My next goals are to finally decide on the title for the movie so I can stop calling it untitled robbery and finalize my script. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...