Sunday, March 24, 2024

THATS A WRAP

Filming went PRETTY smoothy. Thank GOD. No equipment issues, actors showed up on time, and props came in. All good. The only dilemma I had was deciding where to film since my time restriction prohibited me from filming in my intended location, but I think it worked out pretty well. 

By the way, my final actors ended up being my friends Andrew and Bryan.

Bryan (Sam)

Andrew (Malcolm)


After deciding where we would film and figuring out the composition of the shot (honestly the majority of the time), the close-up shots for the dialogue of each character went by pretty fast. We were able to complete all lines within an hour. It slowed down a bit when I moved on to the remaining shots, but that, again, was just figuring out the composition I wanted.

My house is all bland beige walls, mostly empty, which makes it kinda ugly to film in, at least in my opinion. So me, Bryan, and Andrew figured that using my door leading to the patio would look nice for one shot, and we had to move some furniture around to make the counter shot of the other robber look visually interesting and add some depth rather than just have him against a solid color wall. I think this ended up looking pretty decent for the most part. 


The shots in question :)

The background ended up looking HELLA green for Andrew, so I had to set up similar lighting for Bryan's shot, or else it may look weird or out of place. Luckily I had a handheld RBG light PLUS the huge key light I was using. I used that to create a green accent on Bryan's left side and I think it worked out pretty well. 











Some photos of the shoot ^^

As you can see, it was a pretty small crew handing all the equipment, just me and the actors swapping depending on the shot. I also guess now would be a good time to explain the equipment and where I achieved all of these valuables. So I borrowed it from my friend, companion, classmate, Armesto, but technically he got it from BECON. BECON (Broward Education Communications Network) is a media production resource for students in our school district. From BECON, Armesto got an RGB COB Light, Softbox, RGB Cam Light, 2 light stands, omnidirectional mount for light, headphones, Sennheiser boom mic, XLR cable, XLR adapter, boom pole, slider, Sony A7III, 28-70mm zoom lens, F1.8 50mm lens, ND filter. All this good stuff was SUPER nice to have. 

In terms of props, the phone came in time and worked pretty well. Setting up that shot was HELL, but hopefully, it works out. I got fancy with it and used a dolly so hopefully that looks pretty nice. The clothes for Sam changed up a bit, mostly because I didn't have a red jacket for Bryan. I had one that was a small bright vibrant red cotton jacket which doesn't fit what I had in mind. The jacket is my fault, I should've gotten it before, but it's fine, the black jacket and beanie Bryan wore worked out. For the low shot looking up at Sam and Malcolm, I decided to not have the hand since it may have looked weird/out of place/forced or all the above. So that also means, I won't need blood. 

Oh, I also made a poster just...because. 


Thought it came out pretty good. Not really a poster since it's landscape, but it's just for me anyway.

The title of this blog is a bit of a lie. I still need to film the news segment and the lady walking into the home. I have to film these in the next two days since I return my equipment on Wednesday, 3/27. But during that time, I'll get ahead on editing and all that good stuff. I plan to be pretty much-done editing by Wednesday/Thursday. This means I need to lock in and do my CCRs by this weekend. I'll talk more about that in the future. Now, I film my final two shots and edit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...