Sunday, March 31, 2024

Director's Commentary

Director's commentary was the first CCR I wanted to tackle since it's the easiest...or so I thought. Before even starting the commentary, I had to get the absolute final edit that I was going to submit for my project. Since I was still at around 2:15, I was trying to cut off AT LEAST 5 seconds. It was a struggle. I go to 2:12 before just sitting and looking at the project file and pretty much giving up. At this point, I was just cutting up frames and it was pointless. This is when I checked in with peers and see how they were doing. This is when I found out 2:15 was acceptable...

Minutes. Hours. Days. The amount of time I've spent trying to cut it down to 2:05. And I could've stayed at 2:15 this whole time. I was relieved and fuming at the same time.

Oh well, luckily I made another version that was perfectly 2:15 that I could use, just had to fix up the credits a bit. 

So now I could finally do the Director's Commentary. So I had to figure out how to screen record on my computer and have audio at the same time. After figuring out how to record my screen to point out certain things in the opening, I decided I would just have to record on my phone and sync up the audio later. 

So I did my first take and it was pretty poop. I kept stuttering and messing up and it was longer than 5 minutes which is not ideal since the max for the entire thing is 10 minutes. So I did another take. This one was a bit better but I knew I could do better. When I recorded my 3rd attempt, it was perfect. The time was good, and my cadence was perfect. Everything about it was beautiful. I looked back at the screen recording and it had been recording the wrong tab the entire time. 

If the 4th attempt didn't work out, I would just use the 2nd. Luckily the 4th was good, not as good a #3 (rip) but it would work. 


This project file is starting to fill up with a bunch of sequences... Next up on my list...the interview. I lowkey only have one day to do it, but it should go well...hopefully. Wish me luck. This is the home stretch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...