Thursday, March 28, 2024

CCR...

Unfortunately, my CCR has been neglected and become an afterthought thanks to STN. It's also my fault too, but let's just blame it on STN for now. Since I had to film and am still finishing up editing right now, the CCR has been something I've put on the sidelines, but I have to knock it out eventually. 

The other day in class, our teacher taught us what a CCR was. With a CCR or Creative Critical Reflection, we have to answer 4 big questions reflecting on all the choices, progress, and troubles we faced while making our opening. We have to use at least two creative media products to respond to the 4 questions, so I'll just do 2 and 2. The first 2 big questions, asking about genre conventions/representation and audience/distribution, and the other 2 smaller questions, asking about the development of skills and integration of technology. I'm thinking of doing an interview for the big questions and a director's commentary for the ladder. 

First Question

To approach this question about genre conventions and representation, I would have to research the genre conventions of a thriller, but thankfully I did a lot of the heavy lifting in my first few blogs about the opening. In my response to the first part, I'll explain what the thriller genre is and what it sets out to do, "elicit strong emotions, mostly dealing with generating suspense and anxiety" as explained by StudioBinder. I'll then go into the conventions and how I follow or break them. Story Grid explains how some conventional themes include murder, crime, robbery, all things in my opening. Other conventions include cinematography (tight and closeup shots), lighting, time crunch, MacGuffins, Red Herrings, and types of characters (serial killers, police, criminals, etc.). I will explain these and explain how I follow some and avoid others and why. 

Next would be representation. For this, I can just look back at my character development blog since there I talk about how my character represents different ideas or social groups.

Second Question

The second question asks about the target audience and distribution. For my audience, it is the same as the thriller and drama audience, so I'll explain that. I'll then move on to how I target that audience (characters and the dialogue).

In terms of distribution, my options are pretty much theater, streaming or online websites like YouTube. I would have to stay realistic with my decisions and explain how that distribution method relates to my audience.

Third Question

This one focuses on how my skills developed throughout the process of making the opening. I'll talk about how I'm experienced, but nothing as big as this. I'll then move on to how pre-production, production, and post-production all took a part in developing different skills throughout. Can end with how the overall project helped me get a grasp on how to work out a big production.

Fourth Question 

Since this question asks how I integrate technologies, I can talk about Blogger, Premiere, After Effects, Sony camera, dolly, lights, all that. Explain how each contributed to the project and any advantages or disadvantages that came with each and so on.

Ending

Should end with a reflection overall. What I learned, what I could do differently, and how could I improve for next time. 


Here is my link to the script. It's pretty rough, but it will help me stay on track and not ramble on and keep my ideas and topics concise and to the point. Will get to recording these as soon as possible and finally finishing up this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...