Thursday, March 21, 2024

FONTS

Coming off the posts about credits, I want to lead right into fonts. I wanted to do it in one post,  but STN got me pretty behind with my posts so I had to divide it up into 2.

To do my research I used a Canva article explaining font psychology. It explains how fonts have the power to control how your product is received by audiences. The right font can make you look professional and trusted or whimsical and inviting. Choosing the wrong font can also completely mess up the tone of your piece. So using something like Comic Sans wouldn't really work for my piece.

Some of the main fonts are Serif, Sans Serif, and Script.

I can pretty much immediately take out Script since I just don't think it fits the vibe of my opening. I would want a more aggressive font as the title will lead into the intense opening. So my ideal font would be Serif.

Serif fonts establish formality and authority. Serif is also a classic font, typically used in books, magazines, and newspapers since it is easier to read. They also send a clear message and can make an impact and demonstrate power. The Canva article uses this Guardian ad on the right as an example of Serif font being used authoritatively, establishing that they have a clear message.

For my purposes, I want big bold characters, almost screaming in the viewer's face, but still using basic fonts and staying away from anything extravagant. Since I have access to Adobe fonts, I began looking for what was available on there. 

 

On Adobe fonts, there are a few tags, including calligraphic, geometric, funky, futuristic, and inline. 



I stuck with geometric, and almost immediately found my match. 

NOKA.

(this isn't the noka font btw, just the closest I can get on here)


It's sharp, loud, and aggressive, while still being simple and easy to read. It is almost exactly what I was looking for. For the title itself, I will probably have a bold version of the font while using the basic or light version of the font for the other credits. Next up, shot list, music, and FILMING.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...