Friday, March 22, 2024

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

Ok, I need a shot list to make sure I'm organized during my shoot and I don't forget anything. Recently, my brother gave me a creative workbook that contains pages for brainstorming, storyboarding, and SHOTLISTS. Thank you, Derek. So I will be using that to make my shot list. I'll pretty much just follow my script and write down each cut or line of dialogue I need to ensure that nothing is forgotten, and no stone is left unturned. I DO NOT want to shoot the whole thing and forget one little thing. I would DIE inside. 

The shot list in the workbook isn't very detailed, but it's enough for me to work with. I put what kind of shot each one would be (close-up, wide, medium, etc.) and the description of each. I'll use both the storyboard for the type of shot and the script for the descriptions to help me fill it out. 

As I filled it out, I went chronologically and that made it pretty easy as I just looked at both the script and the storyboard and copied stuff down. When actually filming, I probably shouldn't go completely chronologically, since some shots should be filmed at once even though they happen at different times, like both phone scenes. The composition should be identical for the two, so I'll just film those right after the other. Below is the shot list




Hopefully, this makes recording a much easier and smoother process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Alright, so for my CCR, I have two videos answering the 4 questions. First I have a LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW that answers the first and second ...